Monday, April 16, 2012

The First Block

Believe it or not, I've actually been working on the Stars and Squares quilt!  The borders have been completed, and I am working on the main portion.  I have finished my first nine-patch block!  It's the center block of the quilt.  Here it is:


This was not done without tribulation.  I had to sew the final seam four times.  The first time, the three patches I added were offset by a quarter inch.  The second time, I sewed the wrong edges together!  The third time, the center point didn't match the center seam of the central square.  The fourth time was the charm.

2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW You are in Bedford! I love the festivals in Bedford!! Strawberry Fest, Street Dance, Pumpkin Fest, etc etc. Can't wait til June for the Strawberry Fest. LOL I am in West Park. You're pretty brave to be starting with those star blocks....Kudos to you! Here's my blog .... http://thequiltingfold.blogspot.com/ . Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete