Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gathering problem solved!

This morning, before I left for work, I glanced at my dining room table, where my sewing machine and cloth have been sitting for a couple of days. I noticed a couple of pieces of cloth I had sewn together a few days ago. The seam did not show the gathering problem I've been wrestling with recently. So, it's not something wrong with the machine. It's something that changed recently. I took a closer look at how the machine was threaded. I noticed that the piece the thread is supposed to go around to change directions from the spool to go down to the needle had a fairly fancy shape. And I noticed that the thread wasn't going around any of the fancily shaped parts of that device. I looked closer and saw that the thread was going through a couple of pieces on that device that squeezed the thread a bit, causing the overtension problem. I read the directions, put the thread where it was supposed to be, and sewed another seam. No gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment